The St. Louis Herb Society (TSLHS) was founded as a chapter of the Herb Society of America in 1941 by eleven charter members - seven women and four men, under the leadership of Dr. Edgar Anderson, founder of the Herb Society of America. (TSLHS became independent of the HSA in 1954.) Their goal of fostering the use and knowledge of herbs continues today to be the motto of the St. Louis Herb Society. We achieve this by planning, planting, and maintaining the St. Louis Herb Society Herb Garden, located on the south side of the historic Tower Grove House (Henry Shaw’s country home) at the Missouri Botanical Garden (MBG); by offering Spring and Fall Adult Education Programs; by a Speakers Bureau, an Herb Sale, and books on herb gardening and herb cooking. We are a 501(c)(3) organization and have a limited, but very active membership.